Chamois (lat. Rupicapra Rupicapra), called mountain ballerina. It′s just the astonishing lightness and elegance with which they safely move through the Dinaric karst of the Risnjak National Park.
According to historical records from the Frankopan era, the chamois inhabited this part of mountainous Croatia as early as the 15th century and was probably quite numerous.
Today, in the area of NP Risnjak, there are two smaller herds of chamois, present throughout the year.
Do you want to approach them, step into their habitat? You can do this with our expert guidance.
- Program includes: guide, transfer to the parking lot closest to the habitat (location of the visit), use of binoculars.
- Tour duration: up to 5 hours
- Max number of persons: 3
- Duration of the program: July and August
- Special notes: the program includes a tour of hiking trails on the karst terrain, readiness to climb and walk, mandatory appropriate footwear and clothing (boots, protection from wind, rain, sun…)
- 800,00 HRK for 1 person
- 500.00 HRK per person (for 2 or 3 in a group)
Information and reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can book your tour from 2nd to 31st of August.